Potential applicants should feel free to contact the doctoral program director, Dr. Richard Beaulaurier.
Students are admitted into the Ph.D. program only in the fall semester. Applications for admission should be received to the School of Social Work by February 1st.
Applications submitted after that date are considered as space permits. Application folders are considered complete when all documents listed below have been received:
Contact the Doctoral program director (Dr. Beaulaurier) or the Student Services Coordinator (Kelly Sydnor) to indicate that you have begun the application process. Dr. Beaulaurier: email@example.com, 786-205-6582 Kelly Sydnor: firstname.lastname@example.org, 305-348-5841
Scholarships, Fellowships and Financial Aid information
To be considered for admission, all applicants must submit the following required application materials:
- FIU Graduate Online Application (NOTE: do not use the reference form provided on graduate admissions application)
- Application to the Ph.D. Program in Social Welfare
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work
- Personal statement (4-6 pages.) Three letters of recommendation (two academic and one professional; send directly to Kelly Sydnor email@example.com)
- Two examples of scholarly written work
- Application for Federal Financial Aid (for students eligible for and seeking Financial Aid) International
International applicants must submit the documents mentioned above, in addition to the items listed below:
- Official translations in English for non-English transcripts/documents
- Proof of language proficiency: Applicants from non-English speaking countries, including internationally educated American students, must demonstrate proficiency in English.
- FIU only accepts test scores sent directly from the testing agency as official.
- The minimum score requirements are a total overall score of 80 on the iBT or 550 on the PBT, or a 6.5 overall
All documents must be submitted to the Office of Graduate Admissions:
Florida International University
Office PO Box 659004
Miami, FL 33265-9004