For questions about the Master of Public Health (MPH), please contact Deidre Okeke, Public Health Admissions Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants to the MPH must meet the following admission criteria:
- Must have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university, or in the case of foreign students, an accredited institution recognized in its own country as preparing students for further study at the graduate level.
- Must have a minimum of a 3.0 Grade Point Average (GPA) on a 4.0 scale. The GPA is calculated on the student’s last 60 credits of undergraduate upper division hours.
To be considered for admission, all applicants must submit the following required application materials:
- SOPHAS Application – http://sophas.org/
- Statement of Purpose – which should address the following: Why you have chosen this degree and what interests you about the concentration you have chosen? How will our program help you achieve your academic and career goals? (Uploaded to SOPHAS)
- Three letters of recommendation – uploaded to SOPHAS
- Resume/CV – uploaded to SOPHAS
- Official university/college transcripts from all institutions previously attended – for additional instructions, please click here.
- FIU Graduate Admissions Supplemental Application – please click here to access.
In addition to the items listed above, all international applicants must submit the following:
- A course-by-course WES evaluation of your transcripts – sent to SOPHAS. For additional instructions, please click here.
- Proof of English Language Proficiency — TOEFL or IELTS exam scores:
- Official TOEFL minimum scores: 550 paper-based, 80 internet-based, send to FIU SOPHAS code 5688 (scores must be less than two years old). Information about the TOEFL exam can be found here.
- Official IELTS minimum score of 6.5, send to FIU code 5206 (scores must be less than two years old).
- To view TOEFL exempt countries, please review the section titled “English Language Proficiency” at https://internationaladmissions.fiu.edu/graduate/
- Fall Semester: May 1st for application
- Spring Semester: July 1st for application*
*Note: Given the SOPHAS cycle and calendar, spring admissions reopens briefly from early September through October 1. If you are a domestic applicant and you missed the July 1st deadline, please contact Deidre Okeke at email@example.com to discuss your options.
- Fall Semester: February 15th for application
- Spring Semester: July 1st for application