The Robert Stempel College of Public Health & Social Work hosts career fairs where you can interact with employers offering job opportunities within Social Work, Public Health, Dietetics & Nutrition, and Disaster Management. The Stempel College Career Fair is open to all Stempel College students and alumni.Stay tuned for updates on future career fairs and networking opportunities.
Stempel College Career Fair Details
Stempel College Career Fair
Check back later for details on the upcoming career fair!
Prepare for the Fair
What to bring: Extra copies of your resume
*Schedule an appointment with Lauren Cavicchi to review your resume. Schedule an appointment via FIU Handshake.
Attire: Professional business attire
If you are unsure what constitutes professional business attire, please click on Dress for Success.
10 Career Fair Tips
- Smile and be personable.
- Have a firm handshake.
- Work your way from the bottom of your targeted company list to the top to warm yourself up in talking with employers.
- Write notes after each interaction with companies.
- Ask for contact information (business cards, emails).
- Follow up with employers after Career Fair.
- Have your elevator pitch ready.
- Research companies before speaking with them, if possible.
- Talk with employers from companies you may not be familiar with.
- Be professional and thank employers for their time after speaking with them.
Employers Attending the Fair
- Alliance for Aging
- AmeriCorps NCCC
- Banyan Health Systems
- Camillus House
- CDC Quarantine Miami
- Compass Group
- Dade Family Counseling
- FIU’s NeighborhoodHELP/ Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine
- Florida Department of Health- Miami Dade (Emergency Management)
- Florida Department of Health- Miami Dade (Environmental Health)
- Florida Department of Health- Miami Dade (Epidemiologist)
- Florida Department of Health- Miami Dade (Health Educator)
- Florida Department of Health- Miami Dade (Practicum/Volunteer)
- Gang Alternative
- Health Choice Network
- Leon Medical Centers
- Miami Dade County Public Schools
- Miami Dade County Emergency Management
- Miami Dade County Parks, Recreation and Open Spaces Department
- Peace Corps
- Volunteers of America
- Westcare/ The Village