For questions about the Ph.D. in Public Health, please contact Zoraya Arguello, Public Health Coordinator, at email@example.com.
Applicants to the Ph.D. in Public Health must meet the following admission criteria:
- Must have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited university/college, or in the case of foreign students, an accredited institution recognized in its own country as preparing students for further study at the graduate level.
- Must have a minimum of a 3.0 Grade Point Average (GPA) on a 4.0 scale. The GPA is calculated on the student’s last 60 credits of undergraduate upper division hours.
- Must have GRE scores that are less than five years old.
To be considered for admission, all applicants must submit the following required application materials:
- SOPHAS Application: http://sophas.org/
- Statement of Purpose, which should include why you have chosen this degree, what interests you about the concentration you have chosen, and how you intend on using the degree once you graduate. (Upload to SOPHAS)
- Three (3) letters of recommendation. (Upload to SOPHAS)
- Resume/CV. (Upload to SOPHAS)
- Writing sample (e.g., master’s thesis, published manuscript or other)
- Official university/college transcripts from all institutions previously attended. For additional instructions, please click here.
- Official GRE scores sent to FIU SOPHAS Code 7293 (must be less than five years old).
- FIU Graduate Admissions Supplemental Application.
In addition to the items listed above, all international applicants must submit the following:
- A course-by-course WES evaluation of your transcripts to SOPHAS. For additional instructions, please click here.
- Proof of English Language Proficiency—TOEFL or IELTS exam scores:
- Official TOEFL minimum scores: 550 paper-based, 80 internet-based, send to FIU SOPHAS code 5688 (scores must be less than two years old). Information about the TOEFL exam can be found here.
- Official IELTS minimum score of 6.5, send to FIU code 5206 (scores must be less than two years old).
- To view TOEFL exempt, countries go to http://gradschool.fiu.edu/toefl-exempt-countries/
Fall Semester: February 15 for application; March 1st for all application materials and documents.
Spring Semester: July 1st for application; August 1st for all application materials and documents.