For questions about the Ph.D. in Public Health, please contact Deidre Okeke, Public Health Admissions Coordinator at email@example.com.
Applicants to the Ph.D. in Public Health must meet the following admission criteria:
- Must have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited university/college, or in the case of foreign students, an accredited institution recognized in its own country as preparing students for further study at the graduate level.
- Must have a minimum of a 3.0 Grade Point Average (GPA) on a 4.0 scale. The GPA is calculated on the student’s last 60 credits of undergraduate upper division hours.
- Must have GRE scores that are less than five years old.
To be considered for admission, all applicants must submit the following required application materials:
- SOPHAS Application – http://sophas.org/
- Statement of Purpose – which should address why you have chosen this degree and what interests you about the concentration you have chosen; how our program will help you achieve your academic and career goals; what specific line of inquiry or areas of research you would like to pursue as a doctoral candidate/future scholar; what faculty member you see your research interests aligning with and why (the why part is optional) (uploaded to SOPHAS)
- Three (3) letters of recommendation – uploaded to SOPHAS
- Resume/CV – uploaded to SOPHAS
- Writing sample – i.e. master’s thesis, published manuscript or other (uploaded to SOPHAS)
- Official university/college transcripts from all institutions previously attended – for additional instructions, please click here.
- Official GRE scores – sent to FIU SOPHAS Code 7293 (must be less than five years old).
- FIU Graduate Admissions Supplemental Application – please click here to access.
In addition to the items listed above, all international applicants must submit the following:
- A course-by-course WES evaluation of your transcripts – sent to SOPHAS. For additional instructions, please click here.
- Proof of English Language Proficiency — TOEFL or IELTS exam scores:
- Official TOEFL minimum scores: 550 paper-based, 80 internet-based, send to FIU SOPHAS code 5688 (scores must be less than two (2) years old). Information about the TOEFL exam can be found here.
- Official IELTS minimum score of 6.5, send to FIU code 5206 (scores must be less than two (2) years old).
To view TOEFL exempt countries, please visit http://gradschool.fiu.edu/toefl-exempt-countries/
- Fall Semester: February 15th
- Spring Semester: July 1st