The Certificate in Child Welfare Practice provides BSSW students with the specialized skills, knowledge, and practice competencies in order to carry out services for the care and protection of children. Students will be prepared to meet the critical service needs of Florida’s children and families.
This certificate program is open to students admitted into the BSSW program only.
Prospective certificate students must :
- Be admitted into the BSSW program
- Complete a Certificate Registration with the University
In order to obtain the certificate, students must earn a total of 24 credits towards the certificate, completing the following courses with a “C” or higher:
- SOW 4658 Interventions in Child Maltreatments
- SOW 4654 Child Welfare: Policy and Practice
- SOW 4511L Field Practicum I (in a Child Welfare Setting)
- SOW 4512L Field Practicum II (in a Child Welfare Setting)
- SOW 4522 Field Seminar I
- SOW 4523 Field Seminar II
The certificate application must be approved by the School of Social Work prior to submission to the FIU Office of the Registrar.