Dietetic Internship Application Information
Thank you for your interest in the FIU Dietetic Internship. Please read this page carefully before submitting your application.
Before you apply
Before accessing the online FIU Dietetic Internship Application please gather the following documents. You will need to upload these materials as separate PDFs in the application:
- Completed background check, FBI Level II and Fingerprinted documentation
The internship applicant must submit with the application a COMPLETED Level II FBI Background Check including the Finger-Printing completed by American DataBank.
- The student is responsible for any costs that this requirement incurs. (NOTE: THIS PROCESS CAN TAKE UP TO 3 WEEKS)
- DPD Declaration of Intent or Verification Statement
Please include the Verification Statement Request Form in your packet.
Verification Statement: This link takes you to a form to request your Verification Statement from Stempel College’s Department of Dietetics & Nutrition. Students with degrees from an accredited dietetics and nutrition program in the U.S. must provide an original copy of their Verification Statement once admitted to their program of study.
- DPD Course List provided by your DPD director
If completing DPD courses in the graduate program, please complete this form: DPD Course List Graduate
If you graduated with a BS in Dietetics and Nutrition from an accredited USA institution, please complete this form: Sample DPD BS Course List
- Your unofficial transcripts and translations (if applicable) for DPD courses
- The GPA Calculation Worksheet
- The Employment and Volunteer Activities Worksheet
- Personal Statement (instructions below)
Immunization Preliminary Instructions:
Before supervised practice begins, each student will need to provide documentation:
- Vaccinations, including varicella titer, PPD X 2, MMR, and tetanus vaccines.**
- Active adult CPR certification (only by American Heart Association).
- A 10-panel drug test (facilities may require additional drug testing at the time of placement).
- Covid 19 vaccine: If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting a COVID 19 vaccine. Many facilities are requiring students to have the vaccines. The DI cannot guarantee an in-person practicum rotation if you are not vaccinated.
** For FIU students who would like to inquire about their immunization please visit the registration holds page in Student Affairs or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.