For questions about the Ph.D. in Dietetics and Nutrition, please contact Julia Gonzalez-Pampin, Graduate Student Services Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants must meet the following admission criteria:
- Must have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university, or in the case of foreign students, an accredited institution recognized in its own country as preparing students for further study at the graduate level.
- Students with a background in Nutrition, Dietetics, Biology, Chemistry, Biological and Biomedical Sciences are encouraged to apply.
- Must have a minimum of a 3.0 Grade Point Average (GPA) on a 4.0 scale. The GPA is calculated on the student’s last 60 credits of undergraduate upper division hours.
To be considered for admission, all applicants must submit the following required application materials:
- Admissions application, which can be accessed at http://gradschool.fiu.edu/admissions.shtml
- Official transcripts from accredited institutions.
- Official Proof of Degree.
- Updated resume/CV.
- Three letters of recommendation—preferably from past faculty members.
- Letter of intent or written statement of purpose, explaining goals, expectations and previous experience in the field of study.
Must submit documents mentioned above, in addition to items listed below:
- Official translations in English for non-English transcripts/documents.
- International applicants whose native language is not English are required to submit a score for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or for the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). A total score of 80 on the iBT TOEFL or a 6.5 overall on the IELTS is required.
- Must complete the Declaration of Finances form located at http://gradschool.fiu.edu/student-forms.shtml
- Must submit official bank letters.
- Must submit Financial Sponsor Letter.
- International students (currently in the U.S.) must submit their F1-Transfer forms located at http://gradschool.fiu.edu/student-forms.shtml
All documents must be submitted to the Office of Graduate Admissions:
Florida International University
Graduate Admissions Office
PO Box 659004
Miami, FL 33265-9004
For overnight/courier services mail to:
FIU Graduate Admissions
Modesto A. Maidique Campus
11200 S.W. 8th St., BT 201
Miami, FL 33199
- Fall Semester
- Spring Semester
- Summer Semester
For more information about application deadlines, go to the timeline located at http://gradschool.fiu.edu/admissions/#applicationdeadlines.