Admissions to the MSW program are rolling. Once all required documents are submitted, an admissions decision can be made. Although the process is rolling, in order to be admitted for a particular semester, the documents must be submitted by the below dates.
- Fall Semester: June 1st for domestic applicants; February 15th for international applicants
- Spring Semester: October 1st for domestic applicants; August 1st for international applicants
- Summer Semester (advanced standing only): March 1st for domestic applicants; December 1st for international applicants
Applicants must meet the following admission criteria:
- 3.0 GPA in upper-division coursework. 3.25 for Advanced Standing*.
- A minimum grade of “C” in the following:
- Completion of a three-credit course in Biology with human content
- Completion of a three-credit course in Statistics
- Completion of 12 credits in Social Science course (e.g., Psychology, Sociology, Economics, American Government)
- International applicants whose native language is not English are required to submit a score for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or for the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). A total score of 80 on the iBT TOEFL or a 6.5 overall on the IELTS is required.
*Criteria for advanced standing:
MSW Advanced Standing admitted students must have a “B” or better from their BSSW coursework. Admitted advanced standing students with BSSW grades lower than a “B” will be required to complete the equivalent graduate courses in the first term of the MSW program. The final Field Placement evaluation is required (except FIU students).
MSW students are urged to meet with their advisor, Kelly Sydnor. To schedule an appointment, please e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 305-348-5841.
To be considered for admission, all applicants must submit the following required application materials:
- Admissions application
- Official transcripts from accredited institutions
The following documents must be completed and uploaded into the “Supporting Documents” section of your University Graduate School application:
- Admissions application to the Master of Social Work (MSW) Program. Please complete the application and upload it into the “Supporting Documents” section of your Graduate Admissions Application Center portal.
- Personal narrative statement Please complete the statement and upload it into the “Supporting Documents” section of your Graduate Admissions Application Center portal.
- Three Social Work Reference Forms Please use only this reference form. Please email the link to the reference form directly to your recommender. Recommenders must download, complete and email the form directly to Ms. Gladys Ramos ( email@example.com).