Stempel College Career Fair
FIU’s Robert Stempel College of Public Health and Social Work is pleased to host the college’s first-ever Career Fair on Wednesday, October 23, 2019. This event will be from 4 p.m. – 7 p.m. where you can interact with employers offering job opportunities within Social Work, Public Health, Dietetics and Nutrition and Disaster Management. The Stempel College Career Fair will be open to all Stempel students and alumni.
Attend Stempel College Career Fair! RSVP here.
Stempel College Career Fair Details
Date: Wednesday, October 23, 2019
Time: 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Location: MMC Campus, College of Business Complex (CBC), Room 232
Click here to download the Career Fair flyer.
If you have any questions please contact Lauren Cavicchi at email@example.com or 305-348-2264
Prepare for the Fair
What to bring: Extra copies of your resume
*Schedule an appointment with Lauren Cavicchi to review your resume. Schedule an appointment here.
Attire: Professional business attire
If you are unsure what constitutes professional business attire, please click on Dress for Success
10 Career Fair Tips
- Smile and be personable.
- Have a firm handshake.
- Work your way from the bottom of your targeted company list to the top to warm yourself up in talking with employers.
- Write notes after each interaction with companies.
- Ask for contact information (business cards, emails).
- Follow up with employers after Career Fair.
- Have your elevator pitch ready.
- Research companies before speaking with them, if possible.
- Talk with employers from companies you may not be familiar with.
- Be professional and thank employers for their time after speaking with them.
Employers Attending the Fair
- Alliance for Aging
- AmeriCorps NCCC
- Banyan Health Systems
- Camillus House
- CDC Quarantine Miami
- Compass Group
- Dade Family Counseling
- FIU’s NeighborhoodHELP/ Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine
- Florida Department of Health- Miami Dade (Emergency Management)
- Florida Department of Health- Miami Dade (Environmental Health)
- Florida Department of Health- Miami Dade (Epidemiologist)
- Florida Department of Health- Miami Dade (Health Educator)
- Florida Department of Health- Miami Dade (Practicum/Volunteer)
- Gang Alternative
- Health Choice Network
- Leon Medical Centers
- Miami Dade County Public Schools
- Miami Dade County Emergency Management
- Miami Dade County Parks, Recreation and Open Spaces Department
- Peace Corps
- Volunteers of America
- Westcare/ The Village