In 2016, Florida International University (FIU) achieved the top rank of very high research activity defined by the Carnegie research classification. As South Florida’s largest university, FIU is uniquely positioned in the heart of Miami’s most diverse communities, where the most pressing public health issues easily translate and expand to the global stage.
Stempel College offers a wide range of public health programs with distinct advantages for graduate students, including:
- Flexible class offerings for both full-time and part-time students.
- Opportunities for working professionals who are able to pursue a graduate degree while maintaining employment.
- Accelerated Master’s of Public Health (MPH) program for students wishing to complete their degree in one year.
- A fully online MPH program.
- Interdisciplinary research teams that are responsive to hot button issues in global public health (E.g., maternal and child health).
- State-of-the-art laboratories and ongoing research projects of international importance.
- Opportunities to work closely with and receive guidance from faculty experts.
- Strong community partnerships providing opportunities for meaningful experiential learning.
Learn more about each public health department/program:
Funding your education
At Stempel College, we understand that academic success can be affected by financial aid and funding opportunities. Our students have access to myriad funding options by degree level (bachelor’s, master’s, doctoral) and by academic discipline (Public Health, Dietetics & Nutrition, Social Work). It’s important to understand the basics of applying for financial aid and the additional resources available to you as a Stempel College student. For more, please visit Funding Your Education in our website’s “Student Life” section.
Everything you need to know about applying for your preferred degree level or certificate in our various academic programs can be located by using the “Apply Now!” search tool below. For example, you can select your preferred degree level and unit/concentration in the drop-down fields. Alternatively, you can leave the search term field blank to conduct a search of the college’s entire academic repertoire.