The vision of the Department of Dietetics & Nutrition is to be a leader in dietetics and nutrition in evidence-based practice, education, and research.
The mission of the Department of Dietetics & Nutrition is to prepare practitioners and applied researchers in dietetics, food, and nutrition to build a healthier society.
Our objectives for the mission focus on three synergistic areas:
- Education of dietetics and nutrition majors who are competent, intellectually curious professionals and leaders, and non-majors who value the role of nutrition in overall health.
- Evidence-based research to advance the profession; to position nutrition in health promotion, disease prevention/treatment, food/foodservice; and to integrate food and nutrition services into the mainstream of health, and home and community-based settings.
- Community/professional service to foster healthy lifestyles through better nutrition over the life course of diverse populations.
Program Directors & Advisors
Dietetics & Nutrition careers
Graduates from Stempel College’s award-winning Department of Dietetics & Nutrition often go on to work in health care systems, home health care, food service, private business, research and educational organizations after graduation.
- Acute care
- Ambulatory care/rehabilitation facilities
- Consultant/counseling (hospital or online)
- Exercise physiology collaborations
- Home health care
- Nutrition therapists: integrative medicine, nutrition genomics, function nutrition therapy
- Pharmaceutical industry
- Federal agencies
- Consulting/private practice
- Cooperative extension service
- Corporate wellness/employee health
- Cruise industry
- Health promotion
- Marketing and sales
- Media personality
- Nursing home practitioner
- Product development
- Sports nutritionist
- Textbook author
Food service/ food science
- Business management
- Private chef
- Culinary arts and nutrition consulting
- Food technology
- Foodservice management/inventory
- Product manufacturing
Funding your education
At Stempel College, we understand that academic success can be affected by financial aid and funding opportunities. Our students have access to myriad funding options by degree level (bachelor’s, master’s, doctoral) and by academic discipline (Public Health, Dietetics & Nutrition, Social Work). It’s important to understand the basics of applying for financial aid and the additional resources available to you as a Stempel College student.
Dietetics & Nutrition: A Year In Review
Learn more about departmental highlights, stats, achievements, and more in the 2022-2023 Department of Dietetics and Nutrition Newsletter!